Thursday, March 17, 2011

My poor baby!

Yep, that's my baby. Yep, that's a cast. And, yep, I feel awful! 
On Monday a friend and I took our kids (7 total) to Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. We love that place. One of the attractions there is the huge playground going up three stories high in the middle of the building. Well, my youngest who has no fear thought he should go Wee down the slide. Before I could catch him he had jumped in. This would not be a big deal except that the slide leads to floor 1 and I was located on floor 2. Now, the other boys will just climb back up the net and so I just watch them from up top. Levi would take off and run. So of course I jumped in after him. Now he was doing just fine on his own until I caught up with him. 
I put him on my lap and down we went. Until the rubber on his shoe caught on the slide and his leg twisted under me. Yep, I broke my baby's leg...Shame! We took him to Urgent Care and they said he has a toddler fracture. Which means it is a really little break and he has to wear a cast for 3 weeks. YAY, a cast. :( 

So, there you have it. I am feeling like a really bad mommy. I know it isn't my fault, but I feel terrible. He is such a sweet little trooper through it all he still smiles most the time. I just love him. You better believe I will be keeping the adorable little cast and boot. It is so tiny. Ah, childhood. Ah, boys. Ah, nervous breakdowns.

No comments: