Friday, January 28, 2011

Getting paper work organized

It is well past that time of year. Each January (hey, it's still January...) I pull all our paper work for the previous year. I put all of it in labeled envelopes and stick it out in the garage (aka the catch all). So, today during naptime I pulled out all the old paperwork, and made our files just a little nicer. They were in no order so I alphabetized the file folder and then organized each hanging file folder with colored file folders inside.

The good news is that it really didn't take too long to get the drawer all set since it wasn't in terrible shape. The bad news is my shredder needs to get ready for a work out since I haven't shred anything for like 3 years I have a few things I need to get rid of. I'm one of those people who likes to have paper records for everything, but I am really trying to reduce the clutter. So, I am going to try and get rid of most everything I can find online.

I do have a sense of accomplishment though today. My files look pretty. I like when things look pretty. Now on to the rest of this house.

No comments: