Monday, September 12, 2011

School has started

My baby has officially started Kindergarten. We have been going for two weeks now. We decided to use  K12 this year. I had several reasons. The first being that it is free! I thought I would sign up and check it out to see if I even liked the curriculum. Honestly thought I'd only do it for a short time and probably not like it. Now that it is here I LOVE it. I like that I know we are on track and that my kiddo is getting as much (and more) than what he'd be getting if he went to public school. Plus, it is all planned out for me. There are lots of fun books, crafts, and activities. Also, did I mention it was FREE!

We have had one day where he didn't want to be home schooled, but it is more and more evident every day that this is the right decision for our family right now. While my little dude is thriving (in my personal opinion) academically it is more than evident he is not able to sit and focus for long periods of time. A classroom at this point would be very hard for him (and his teacher).

So, if I am not on here quite as much lately you know we are just getting our routine figured out. The one thing I will say about K12 is that it is time consuming. We like it lots though and I think we will at least use it the rest of the year.

No comments: