Saturday, February 27, 2010

Freezer cooking...my way

I love the idea of freezer cooking. I love cooking so a day full of cooking doesn't sound all that daunting, but coming up with recipes I like that freeze well does seem daunting. I do like casseroles, but we aren't eating as much as we used to now that we are watching our weight and eating healthier. I really don't mind cooking and most days it fits well into my schedule. So, I don't really need a freezer full of ready to put in the oven food. However, I can make my life easier by pre cutting chicken, doubling a recipe and freezing half, or soaking beans to freeze and use. Essentially, I'm making my own convenience foods. So all that being said, here is my plan for a freezer day.

Pot pies (X2)
cubed and cooked chicken breast (4 bags)
Vegetable stir fry (1 bag)
Cookie mix (X4)
Baked potato soup (X2)
Black beans (1 bag)

This may not seem like much, but it will be helpful for times when I need a few less steps. My plan is to get these done by Monday. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: