Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pooh

I'm going to admit something to you that may sound awful. There is a childhood icon that I think most American children grow up loving. He is in so many nurseries across this great land. My friends had stuffed versions of him growing up and kids I baby sat were obsessed. But, I could have cared less.

I am talking about Winnie the Pooh. I just never got into him. I don't have anything against the beloved stuffed animal. I was just always bored by the cartoons. Then when I found out I was pregnant with Isaac he was everywhere. Every baby aisle was  filled with Pooh. I just never got into it.

Well, the time has come, and Winnie the Pooh is now something my curriculum asks me to read to my  kids. My kids love it. I nearly fall asleep every time I open the book. Oh, the joys, of homeschool. I rarely dislike any of the stuff we do. In fact, most of the time I LOVE  all the fun school we get to do. So there you have it. My boredom with the silly ole bear has come back to haunt me.

No comments: