Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What to do with all these beans...

So, I froze all those beans, but what do I do with them. Well, I use black beans a lot. Last night we had tacos and I scooped out a cup heated them up and they were ready to go. I scoop some out and put them on salads for lunch. I use them as protein fillers in casseroles. Salsas, soups, side dish with rice. The possibilities are endless. Here are a few of my fave recipes that use black beans.


Chicken Enchilada casserole- I sub black beans for Chili beans because I like them better.

Tortilla soup- I also add a can of Rotel tomatoes and a bag of frozen corn. I make this in the crock pot it is a family favorite. 

Black bean salsa- So yummy in the summer. 

Truly, I put beans in a lot. Some times it is just a good filler in a random soup or something extra in a meal. But those are a few of the most often used in our house.

No comments: