Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu plan

Okay, So I started this month with the goal of eating out of our pantry, but I didn't realize we were somewhat low on chicken...so, I upped my budget to $100 this month. Since Meijer has chicken $1.79/lb I felt like i should take advantage.

This is going to be an interesting and creative month for me. First we are eating from our pantry. Second, Dan and I both started weight watchers today. Third, I am cutting out all red dye from my kids. I'm finding that this hasn't been too hard since I cook a lot. The big thing that it is in for us is fruit snacks. So, my menu plan has a lot of factor competing against each other.

The dinners are what I focus on. The other meals are merely suggestions. :)

Monday-BBQ chicken, baked potato, green beans, salad
Tues-Sausage and Potatoes, salad
Wed- Lasagna (House church)
Thurs. Potato soup
Fri- Salad bar
Sat- left overs
Sun- youth group.

Breakfast
Cereal (x2)
Eggs (x3)
oatmeal
Smoothies

Lunch
Salad, baked potato (x4)
soup
left overs(x2)

Snacks
Banana bread
veggies and dip
cheese cubes
crackers
100 calorie packs


No comments: