Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Living on less

As is the custom I have been looking at what goals I'd like to accomplish in 2010. I feel like I have some lofty goals to accomplish. I will later post about all of those goals, but for now I want to talk about my grocery list.

One of the ways I keep my weekly shop so low is because I stockpile. I've talked about that in the past. I have been so blessed this year that I have an over abundance of food. Even after giving away some to needy families over the holiday I have quite a bit left. So for the month of January I will be attempting to eat out of my stockpile. I'm not sure exactly what this will look like. I know I will have to go to the store for things like milk, eggs and produce. However, the main portion of my meals will be from what I have on hand. I'm hoping to get creative and have fun with this. I'm not sure that this will change a whole lot of how we eat, but we will see come the end of the month if I still feel that way.

I'm hoping to only spend $75 this month on groceries. We'll see how it goes. The rest of my budget I'm hoping to put in savings. We have some big savings goals this year so we will be trying to cut back in a lot of areas.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm excited to see how you do :-)