Thursday, June 18, 2009

Prayer request

Last night at our house church we talked a little about praying very specific prayers. We talked about how Abraham was confident God had a wife for Isaac and how his servant was very exact with his prayer. So I was thinking about a few things that I really want to pray for. If you wouldn't mind joining me in praying for them that would be great.

I am really praying that Isaac potty train before the baby is here. If he isn't fully trained he can't start school that he is registered for. Also, it would relieve some of the financial stress when the new baby comes. 3 in diapers would be hard. I'm also hoping that Asher will follow his brother's example and train soon after.

I am praying that if it is God's will our house would sell quickly and for the price we need. I'd love to have a home where we can have guests, a playroom, a bigger yard, and just more space for our growing family. I know God knows what we need and if we are supposed to move I just pray he has the perfect house in his perfect timing. I'm not good at waiting, but God is so faithful.

I haven't had a lot of time to think about the third little boy who will be joining us very soon. I'm really praying God makes the transition smooth for our family. Asher is very used to having mommy and I'm a little nervous when he is not the "Baby" anymore. I want to be able to be a mom and wife without too much stress. All this will possibly be in the midst of having the house on the market. So, I just want to pray I handle it all with God's help and not try to do it all on my own. (I never do very well, but I seem to try to do it on my own too much).

Those are just a few things I want to be in specific prayer for. So often I think I generalize my prayers. I don't bother to take time to be specific. Then I remeber I'm his child. I think how sweet it is when Isaac tells me about his day. Even though i was there. i already know what happened I love to just spend that time with him. I love to hear him verbalize his perspective. It is amazing how much more I understand my relationship with God my father now that I have my own kids. And how much more does the heavenly father love us. God is so good.

No comments: