Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Target Take Down

I'm not sure what exactly was going down today at Target, but it was intense. I was running errands this morning with all five kiddos. We walked into Target and there are two guys that looked like they were in their early 20's who come running out of jewelry into the dollar spot bent over. It looked like they should have been in fatigues running to catch the enemy. The first goes up and peeks around the corner. The other is hunched behind an end cap covered in Hello Kitty.

At first I thought they were messing around, but they were serious about whatever they were doing. The first guy signals the second to come closer. It was hard not to stop and stare. The kids were giggling. I tried to move our parade through the scene as quickly as possible. All of a sudden the door started beeping and they ran like the swat team in a bad TV movie. I peered over the aisle to see what the commotion was. These two dudes were pulling an elderly man who could barely walk away from his cart. The man must have been attempting to steal something, but it was almost humorous. These two young men who looked like they jumped out of an Express ad were taking down this hardened 90 year old criminal.

I guess the dollar spot at Target is more hard core than I realized. I will have to look out next time. 

No comments: