Monday, July 19, 2010

I love that God is constantly teaching me. Sometimes the things he is teaching me are things I should already know. He just points them out in new and different ways. One thing I have always struggled with is rest. We are commanded to have a Sabbath every week and yet I continually find ways to "work" instead of rest.

My plan for yesterday was to stay home with our family and rest. Dan slept in and took a nap, but I found myself cranky and frustrated. I was trying to get things done, but my productivity was so low. Finally, in the afternoon Dan told me he wanted me to go up and take a nap. I fought it, but I eventually listened. It is amazing how I fight what I know I need.

Today in my devotion I was reading in Exodus 18 about Moses. Jethro, his father in law, told him that he shouldn't try to do it all on his own and he needed to delegate. This was good for not only him, but for the rest of the people under him. I have read Exodus several times and this is something new that jumped out at me today. Sometimes I need to not try and do it all. I need to remember that the Lord gave us the Sabbath because he created us. He knows better than I do and I need to be obedient. I also, have to learn to share my load. Asking for help is not only ok, it is Biblical.   :) Ok, I could keep going, but now I need to break up some kids fighting over a Buzz Light year toy.

No comments: