Wednesday, March 18, 2020

This I know

I'm not sure exactly how to quantify the days of this quarantine, but they shut down public schools on Friday March 13. We stopped leaving the house on Saturday. So, for us this is day 5. Five days of staying at home may not seem like much, but for us it has been very different. We have felt less stress of where we need to go, but I also feel like the unknowns of how long keep tugging the back of my mind.

So, I stick with what I do know.

I know that I serve a good, faithful loving God. He is not surprised by any of this. He is using this to keep my focus and trust in him. He has graciously provided for all of our needs even in unknowns. He goes before and behind me and I shall not fear. I posted Philippians 4:6 today on the wall in our office. Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.Good words to focus on.  

I know we won't go hungry. There is panic about food and supplies. We are ok. We have not hoarded food, but we are eating well. We are eating fresh, healthy meals. It is a challenge to keep boys full, but we are making it. I have been preparing for this type of thing for years. It is a fun challenge to see what creativity I can have in the kitchen.

 We have been adding protein powder to as many things we can think of. It seems to help keep the kids full longer.











I know how to school at home. Even though our big boys have started attending public school, school at home is still our norm. I love having all my kiddos home and with me. We know how to have a relaxed schedule and we are enjoying all the fun free resources the internet has to offer. This is a much harder transition for some. I am thankful that we are prepared and even excited for this part of quarantine.

I know this can't last forever. While it may feel like it. This too shall pass. I hope that when my kids remember this time in history they will look back not at how scary the world was, but how loved they were. What a gift we had in a pause from our crazy scheduled American life. A time to focus on God, family, and taking care of our community. This will not be short. It will feel like forever, but it will end.

I am so thankful for the way my kids have gotten along. That has been a gift. I'm thankful for the extra family time. We continue to have extra rest and slower pace. We are choosing to see the blessing in all this instead of just the hard. 


No comments: