Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Quarantine

Well, friends it has been YEARS since I have blogged on here. But I think now that we are confined to our homes for an unknown time, if for nothing other than my own benefit I will be trying to log how our family copes with the Covid 19 quarantine.

In some ways we are keeping to business as usual. We still have school time, chores, meals, and family time. What is different is that we are alone. We have lost our ability to meet in groups of more than ten. For a family of six that limits a lot. We are extroverts. We love people. So this part is hard.

But here is what we are doing to keep up morale and enjoy the gift of a clear calendar.

All the free resources on the internet. 
There are so many fun free classes and courses available right now.
We have doodled with Mo Willems.
We have done watercolor with an art studio.
We are learning a new dance.
We have learned about the hippo at the zoo.
We have watched Josh Gad read us a story.
We have done the Lego challenge.

We go outside!
Outside is still not off limits.
The kids have played with each other well.
They have gone on bike rides, played basketball, jumped on the trampoline, walked our block.


I'm prioritizing my sanity.
I need my house to be picked up. I feel better in a clean house so I make it a priority to keep it clean.
I am making my kids have quiet time. I need a few mins to be able to read, rest, write, or just be. I make sure the kiddos have time to do the same.
I'm writing, I'm going for walks, I'm reading the Bible, I'm cooking healthy meals.
I'm planning what I can. I have a menu plan. I have a school plan. I'm starting a spring cleaning list.


We are thankful for the blessings of quarantine. 
We are getting great family time.
We are playing board games, watching movies, making yummy meals, making crafts, and all around enjoying time to relax.
We are reading more. So often we just don't have time to read, and we are thankful for the time to catch up.
We are sleeping. We can sleep in! We are staying in our jammies longer.
The kids are doing a great job of getting along and helping to keep us sane.
We are healthy! What a blessing!






No comments: