Friday, July 12, 2013

Faithful

This morning my hubby got paid. On pay day I sit down and do our bills and organize our finances. It is what I have done since I have been out of my parents house. Today one of the bill I am paying is very special. Today I am paying a huge credit card bill. This bill is a testament of God's faithfulness in our lives. Today I pay the final costs for our adoption.

Three and a half years ago God started us on a journey. With three tiny little boys and a tiny little home we felt God leading us to start the adoption process. This was a little crazy. Our youngest was only 6 months old. Our oldest was barely 4, and we had one in the middle. We had always planned to adopt at some point. But it was expensive. We didn't have anything saved for it. We wanted to move into a bigger house, get good at this parenting thing with the ones we already had, blah blah blah...

But we obeyed. In some ways it was irresponsible. We knew that price tag was enormous. We knew that we didn't make enough to cover the cost. More than that we knew God wouldn't leave us hanging on something he called us to.

God is faithful! Our adoption took more than twice as long as expected. It cost at least twice as much as anticipated. It was the most difficult time in my life emotionally. But this morning. My precious little girl is sitting with her brothers watching PBS in her PJs. This morning I am sending the payment for our plane tickets and in country package in FULL. God covered our adoption completely. We have no debt from our adoption at all!

I am so thankful for all who have loved us, encouraged us, supported us financially, listened, and most of all prayed for us. God is so faithful. God is so good. If He calls us to something HE is faithful to us. He will finish what He starts. I am overwhelmed with His goodness. Even when I questioned God never left. He carried us through this. If God is calling you to something that seems impossible. Know that nothing is impossible for him. If you have thought about adoption, but the pricetag scares you. If it is God's will He will provide.

Thank you to all who have walked this journey with us. Praying that through our story you can see a glimpse of God's glory. God is so good.

No comments: