Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another day

I  went to bed too late last night. Again. Two different children woke up twice last night. At one point I was awoke by my  2 year old poking me in the face with a fork. Why? I don't know, but it was not a pleasant way to wake up at 4 am. At 3am my 4 year old crawled into bed with us and kicked me in the stomach. Then the alarms start going off at 5:40.     I'M TIRED.

Then a quick trip to the dentist to have them saw down a new crown. Once home I now have two kids with low grade fevers and a terrible case of the whines. I have a sink full of dishes, counters covered in STUFF, and loads and loads of laundry to do. Did I mention, I'm tired. Really, really tired.

However, I am thankful that I got to bed late last night because I was spending time with people I love. I was able to spend time with two of my beautiful friends who are also adopting. I'm so thankful that God has put other women in my life who understand the ups and downs of this journey. Then when I got home I am thankful that I stayed up to talk to the most wonderful man ever.

I am thankful that my hubby stayed home this morning so I could go to the dentist alone! I am thankful that the dentist trip should relieve some of my tooth pain I've been having. I'm thankful for coffee that should help me have energy to do the long list of chores that await my day. I'm excited to spend some time with my friends baby girls today so I can get a good baby fix.

So, I guess when I look at my day I should go the glass half full method. Because most of the tough stuff is a result of some good stuff.

Now, I will go drink some coffee. :)

No comments: