This Christmas I have plans to make some memories. I want to do all the fun Christmas stuff that I did growing up. So far, so good. I am feeling a lot less stress about the holidays this year. I don't know if it has been planning ahead or the fact that the kids are a little older this year. I thought I'd share some of my Christmas to dos for the year.
Decorate the house.
Make cut out cookies and decorate.
- Make a ginger bread house.
Start a Jesse Tree advent tradition. Make Christmas crafts. Attend a cookie exchange. Finish shopping for kids.
- Finish shopping for grown ups.
- Make a few gifts. ( I can't tell what just yet)
- Wrap gifts
Drink lots of hot chocolate
- Make white chocolate chex mix
- Prep for Christmas travel.
- Watch Christmas movies while cuddled on the couch with my family
Muppet Christmas Carol Elf
- Rudolph the red nose reindeer
- Charlie Brown Christmas
The Grinch That stole Christmas (cartoon)
- The Polar Express
- A Christmas Story
- Frosty the Snowman
There are a few things we are considering cutting this year to scratch some stress and save some money.
- Mailing Christmas cards. We found we were sending almost 150 cards. By the time we got the cards and paid postage we were spending a large portion of our budget. Plus, it is time consuming and it is nice to free any extra time.
- Eating out. In the past we have gone out to eat for lots of special events. This year we are trying to celebrate at home a little more.
- Busy schedule. Ok, this is a really busy month, but we are trying to do our best to stay home and do fun things here. This is a hard thing for us, but it is cutting back on a lot of stress.
What about you? Any fun to do's on the Christmas list this year? Anything you are cutting out? I hope you are enjoying all the joy of Christmas.