Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas to do list

This Christmas I have plans to make some memories. I want to do all the fun Christmas stuff that I did growing up. So far, so good. I am feeling a lot less stress about the holidays this year. I don't know if it has been planning ahead or the fact that the kids are a little older this year. I thought I'd share some of my Christmas to dos for the year. 
  1. Decorate the house.
  2. Make cut out cookies and decorate.
  3. Make a ginger bread house. 
  4. Start a Jesse Tree advent tradition. 
  5. Make Christmas crafts.
  6. Attend a cookie exchange.
  7. Finish shopping for kids.
  8. Finish shopping for grown ups.
  9. Make a few gifts. ( I can't tell what just yet)
  10. Wrap gifts
  11. Drink lots of hot chocolate
  12. Make white chocolate chex mix
  13. Prep for Christmas travel.
  14. Watch Christmas movies while cuddled on the couch with my family
  • Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Elf
  • Rudolph the red nose reindeer
  • Charlie Brown Christmas
  • The Grinch That stole Christmas (cartoon)
  • The Polar Express
  • A Christmas Story
  • Frosty the Snowman 

There are a few things we are considering cutting this year to scratch some stress and save some money.
  1. Mailing Christmas cards. We found we were sending almost 150 cards. By the time we got the cards and paid postage we were spending a large portion of our budget. Plus, it is time consuming and it is nice to free any extra time. 
  2. Eating out. In the past we have gone out to eat for lots of special events. This year we are trying to celebrate at home a little more. 
  3. Busy schedule. Ok, this is a really busy month, but we are trying to do our best to stay home and do fun things here. This is a hard thing for us, but it is cutting back on a lot of stress. 

What about you? Any fun to do's on the Christmas list this year? Anything you are cutting out? I hope you are enjoying all the joy of Christmas. 

No comments: