Thursday, March 26, 2009

Heaven

Last Sunday our church did a "worship concert". I was so excited just to have time set aside specifically to praise my Jesus with other members of my church family. I love the music at Apex (Our church). God has given our worship teams amazing talents and their love for him just oozes out. But beyond talented musicians and great songs what got me the most was how many believers just wanted to praise the Lord.

As the music started to play I was filled with such joy. I looked around and there were hundreds of people just making a joyful noise to our Savior. How great is our God that he would allow us to have a personal relationship with him and to call us his kids! As we continued to sing I noticed a little girl in the aisle. She was dancing and singing. It was so cute. She just felt so free to express herself. It occured to me that God looks at us as his children. And it must make him smile we without holding back sing out to him (or dance, or sit in our pew). Even when we don't sing on key or can't quite clap to the beat. We are honoring him just by giving him our adoration. I love watching large groups worship. It makes me think of what heaven will be like. I can't wait to see heaven and how much greater it will be have Jesus standing in all his glory for us to praise.

No comments: