Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving...

So I'm a planner, it's what I do. I don't always have to rigidly follow the plan. I just need some sense of what might happen when so I can be prepared. I get it from my grandmother who bless her heart has to start packing for a trip 3 weeks ahead. So anyway, I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house. So I have to have a plan. So here is my plan:

Menu
Turkey- I need to figure out how to do this I haven't ever tried to cook the bird.
Stuffing- Packaged mix on the stove top. EASY!
Green bean casserole- I have all the ingredients it's just figuring out how to share oven space.
Corn Casserole- Have all ingredients again just need to heat the thing.
Squash Casserole- OH NO I'm running out of room!
Mashed Potatoes- I can make these with my new mixer!
Gravy- From scratch. This is the MIL job since I can't make gravy. I don't know why it just doesn't ever work for me.
Napa Salad- Aunt Connie's tradition that Beka requested. Now I just have to figure out how to make it.
Rolls already made and in the freezer
Pumpkin Pies- I will make 2 of these Wed afternoon.
Cheesecake- This will also get made Wed.

Veggie Pizza- Crust Wed night put it together Thurs morning.

We set up the Wii tonight so we have fun to do there. I also am hoping to make a thanks journal that we can all write what we are thankful for. Cheesy, but that is what this holiday is about.

Ok it's my bedtime. I'm out.

No comments: